Tuesday, August 22, 2006

The College Man: Sophomore Send-off

Last night The College Man and I went to see Talladega Nights and eat some delish Malaysian noodles while reconnecting for the last time before he returns to the U of Maryland. After waking the groggy bastard long before his typical rising hour this morn, I brought him into the office because I thought he might get a kick out of the studio and edit rooms, and because he had never seen a cubicle-ridden workplace before. I gave him a speedy tour, finishing in my dear friend Shanaberg's windowless equipment sanctuary before leading the way back to the LIRR. On our way out, The College Man turned to me and said, "This is kind of bleak."

No kidding sport. Welcome to life after college.

It should also be noted that The Princeton Review's list of the Best U.S. Party Schools was released today. University of Maryland clings impressively, if just barely, to the Number 20 spot.

Enjoy it while you can my brother.

1 comment:

Dazzy said...

Hmm I notice a hint of disdain in the way you speak of Maryland.. not okay!
GO TERPS!!! Everyone knows Maryland is not half the party school it once was. You keep on doing your thing college man