Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Somehow we missed the Rice-a-Roni factory.

In addition to the Bonz's move to San Francisco this month, my good friends DC and Juju are also heading to Cali, as they're both from California and claim New York is lacking in natural wonders and relaxed vibes.

I don't know what the hell they're talking about (you mean Central Park isn't natural?!), but as I was recently reflecting upon the mass migration west, I started to tap into memories of the last time I was on the Golden Coast, during Spring Break '04. My roomate Scott and I rented a convertible in San Francisco and drove down US 1, hitting smog-enveloped Los Angeles on the way to our final destination of San Diego. I don't remember all too many specifics of the journey (which is not unexpected for me at this point - again, i blame heredity), although I do remember listening to a lot of Grandaddy and trying to maintain some kind of order to the long hair whipping in my eyes for all 15 hours we spent driving with the top down. I also remember rushing back to my Boston apartment with my digital camera, eager to upload the photos and create this egggcellent slide show with my newly acquired iMovie, posted for your viewing pleasure below.



I'm coming to visit biatches!

No comments: